In this tutorial we want to optimize the below script. The script has been explained here: Backtesting Tutorial.
BUY = CLOSE < 10;
SELL = CLOSE > 15;
To use the optimizer for the above script, we need to insert the Optimize function:
Optimize( LABEL, DEFAULT_VALUE, MIN_VALUE, MAX_VALUE, STEP)
- LABEL is used for the output in the optimizer report.
- DEFAULT_VALUE this value is used when the backtest button is used instead of the optimize button.
- MIN_VALUE the optimizer starts with this value
- MAX_VALUE this is the maximum value..
- STEP this value is used for increasing values from MIN_VALUE to MAX_VALU
buy = close < Optimize("BuyValue", 10, 1, 50, 5);
sell = close > Optimize("SellValue", 15, 2, 50, 5);
Replace the script and start the optimizer.